Things not to worry about:
- Formatting: We will discuss this next week.
- Intros and conclusions: You can do that later
- Word count: if you go over, you will be fine. But you must stop at 1200 words. BTW, the References page is not included in your word count.
Things to worry about
- Citing sources in the text. Format is not CRUCIAL yet, but make sure all your sources are cited in text.
- Making sure each paragraph stays focused on one idea.
- Establish credibility of sources in text, using attribution (e.g. credentials of the author; reliability of the publication in which the article/study appeared).
- Making sure you are doing what the rubric asks you to do.