Today you will get into your teams and begin brainstorming your research question (RQ). Brainstorming will likely consist of:
- Discussing the topics/RQs you were interested in yesterday.
- Determining which of those topics create the most interest in your group.
- Doing preliminary research on the internet and ESPECIALLY on EBSCO (link here: http://mbcurl.me/Q9M7) to make sure that the topic is rich in lenses and in multiple perspectives within those lenses.
- Refine your RQ.
- Begin considering which team member will attack which lens. Reminder: not all lenses need to be covered. The lenses are Scientific, Economic, Ethical, Political/Historical, Futuristic, Artistic/Philosophical, Cultural/Social, Environmental
- By the end of the period, you should have a topic. You should be close to an RQ. You should have a tentative assignment of lenses. And you should have saved some links for your research.
- In EBSCO, the best way to save articles is click “Save” on the right side of the page. When the window opens, click “citation format” and choose APA. When the new window opens, copy the last paragraph and paste it into a document on your GDrive folder. This will include the APA citation and the proper hyperlink to get back to the article. If you would like to have a digital copy of the article, open the PDF, save it, and upload it to your GDrive folder.
- If you find an article that you really need and is not offered full text, send me the EITHER (1) the doi; or (2) the title and author and I will get it for you.